Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revolution in Consciousness: a unifying force

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

good1

What unites all of humanity is the collective need to evolve past or egos/minds. Our egos were once necessary to keep us alive in the wild (instinct for self-preservation and survival of the fittest) but now we use them to start fights about just about anything when something doesn't fit our desires. The reason why we have laws and imposed order is that our minds control us, we are just like animals without them. If society fell apart right now because of a collapse in the economy or a natural disaster, we would tear each other apart for food or basic necessities. However, many people throughout history have hinted at the possibility of overcoming or egos/minds. I think that that is what "prophets" (Buddha, Jesus etc) were overtly saying, and what many famous people were also trying to say. Einstein said it was easier to denature plutonium than the evil in men's hearts. Gandhi said "be the change you want to see in the world". Nietzsche wrote about an "overman" that was misinterpreted as being an animal overman (by the Nazis, as one who conquers others in brutish ways).
If we do succeed in overcoming the ways of the ego/min, there would be no need for rules or laws. We would naturally live in harmony with the ways of nature (we would see and understand things as they are, not as we think they should be) if we were not still programmed to constantly selfishly protect ourselves from any perceived threat. Jesus said "the kingdom of heaven is within you"
Anyway, I think Jiddu Krishnamurti is a really good recent "prophet" that would bring natural order to life if his words were deeply understood.
Also I found a good book online that explains the process of transitioning into a "spiritual" being, if you will. It is on and it is the entry called "The Present"

2Revolution in Consciousness: a unifying force Empty same Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:40 pm

good1

the link was thetruthcontest dot com with "the present"

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum